Now create a news site for it! The site needs to have 10-15 news articles.
This is your fictional place, so make up your own news. Did a local princess capture a dragon? Did a new superhero get in a fight with Batman? Did the king/ruler/president/overlord declare that only donuts can be used as currency? Make up your own articles and do NOT copy your "news" from other sites-- it must be your own work.
• A site title! What is your fictional city/country/land? What is the name of your news site?
• 10-15 news articles (just a few sentences to get the reader hooked)
• Small, clickable pictures "thumbnails" which link to the full article for each. The pictures
must be related to the article content, and must be done by you in Illustrator or Photoshop
(HINT: Make them all the same size to make your page flow better)
• A link to an "About" page that describes the fictional city/country/land and some of the main
people (leaders, superheros, enemies, allies, famous athletes, etc).
Each article's page:
• A larger picture (not the same as the "thumbnail") related to the article and created by you
in Illustrator or Photoshop
• The article itself (10 sentence minimum for each article). Answer Who? What? When?
Where? Why? How?
• Links to 3 related articles, with a "thumbnail" for each and a catchy title for each (they may
have to do with the same topic, the same people, or they may be "BREAKING NEWS")
• A link back to the homepage
• Describe your fictional city/country/land and some of the main people (leaders, superheros,
enemies, allies, etc.) How do people buy things? Is there money? Is it technologically
advanced? What's the terrain like (mountains, beaches, deserts)? What do people do for
fun? What are their schools like? Their jobs?
Extra (for possible Extra Credit):
• What's your city/country/land's weather forecast for tomorrow? For next week? Show
pictures and temperature!
What I'm grading on:
• You have 10-15 news articles, an "About" page, and a homepage that are formatted as
• The "thumbnail" and main pictures are related to the articles, and it looks like you spent
time creating them
• It looks like you've spent some time developing and writing the articles.
• The articles have no kerning errors or typographic "rivers"
• You SPELL CHECKED on your work!!!
• All your links work! (Have someone else in class check your site on their computer to make
sure the pictures show up and the article links work)
• Your world (and the news articles) are interesting
**This project is your Quarter 3 Final and is due Friday, March 27.**
Please make the most of your class time- this is a large project and will take several days!